20.7.11

bits & bobs

thailand is a very happy and smiley place.. mai pen rai means it's nothing or it doesn't matter and is often used to turn a bad situation around. it is also a very colourful and bright place. each day has a different colour. yellow on monday for the kings birthday and pink (my favourite colour!) for tuesday :) the word sanuk means fun and thai people try to incorporate an element of sanuk into everything they do.
also the thais love there food and instead of asking how are you, will ask if you have eaten. they eat lots of rice and noodles and fruit from the markets. yummm! i'm sure i'll come back with a big buddha belly! eeee so excited for my year overseas, can't wait to meet lots of new people and the school children and lots of smiley faces.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds delightful!
    I love Thai food, you're so lucky! :)

    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Im so happy I found you again! What an amazing journey you are to embark on, I find you quite an inspirational girl to be doing such a thing :) Hope you have the time of your life!

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea about this, I haven't kept up to date, this is so so so exciting!!

    thailand sounds amazing, what a lovely thing to do! wow! I would love to visit thailand. and what lovely little facts you have in this post, I never knew these! hehe

    oh my goodness, it is so exciting, I cannot wait to read all about your adventures!

    and thank you for your comment on my news too, hehe!

    x x x

    p.s i love the header!

    ReplyDelete